Gary Huether, Jr.
GARY HUETHER, JR. is an accomplished multi-unit restaurant owner whose direction and leadership has grown his small Central Pennsylvania sports bar chain into a fast growing national chain, boasting multiple concepts and successful operations throughout the east coast. Huether has nearly 20 years of business ownership experience, having begun his career owning three Snap-On Tool franchises, which he sold in 2006 to pursue other business ventures. In 2008, he co-founded Arooga’s Grille House & Sports Bar, which began as a single unit concept, eventually growing to 10 corporate-owned locations throughout the Central Pennsylvania region. Huether began franchising Arooga’s in 2014, and has since signed agreements for nearly 100 franchises in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York.
Gary’s hands-on operational strategies keep him involved in every aspect of the Arooga’s outfit, directly contributing to the company’s continued success and rapid expansion. His drive to keep with the explosive trend of enhanced restaurant technology services has led to many key partnerships that have streamlined operations, digitized takeout ordering, and loyalty with their new mobile app and online ordering platform, and improved the overall guest experience.
• Co-founded Arooga’s Grille House & Sports Bar: an innovative full-service casual restaurant and bar with a sports and entertainment focus that combines exceptional food and beverages, with unique concepts, and proprietary operational strategies
• In 2010, Arooga’s was selected as “America’s Next Top Restaurant Franchise” by Sysco Foods and The Franchise Edge beating out over 250 entrants from 36 different states
• Huether named to The Power List 2020: Reader Picks of The Most Influential Restaurant Executives in the Country by Nation’s Restaurant News
• Five-Time Buffalo Wing Festival winner
• Arooga’s named “Business of the Year” by Central Penn Business Journal in 2015
• Arooga’s named to Franchise Times Top 200 + 2020
• Arooga’s named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Food Franchises 2020